Carlingford Public School logo

Carlingford Public School

Carlingford Public School

Telephone02 9841 5100


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

If you live in our intake area and would like to apply to enrol at our school, start by submitting an online enrolment application. Online enrolment is currently only available for Australian or New Zealand citizens and permanent residents.

If you are not able to apply online or you prefer not to, download the paper application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

Online enrolment can also be used for out-of-area enrolment. Please note that out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

Enrolment applications are finalised at the school.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Moving to high school

Visit the moving to high school page to find out more about the transition of year 6 students into year 7.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Enrolling in a NSW Government School

There are several steps to enrolling in a NSW Goverment School. Carlingford Public School welcomes enrolment enquiries between the hours of 10am and 2pm Monday to Friday.

To be eligible to enrol:

  • Students must be eligible to enrol in a NSW school as an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident. 
  • International students and Temporary Residents, please refer to the relevant links below.
  • Students must be living within our local enrolment area at the time of commencement.

Following an eligibility to enrol,  an enrolment appointment will be conducted with our school administration team followed by an admission interview by appointment with the Deputy Principals or Principal. The goal of the admission interview is to meet your child and family, discuss their schooling to date and to establish a foundation for learning. Your child's health and any special learning needs will be discussed at this interview.

The admission interview process for Kindergarten is conducted as a part of the Kindergarten Transition to School Program, held in Term 4 each year. 

To determine your child's eligibility to enrol our school requires documents to establish the child’s address.

Generally, acceptable documents show the full name of the parent and address of the parent or carer with whom the child lives. Note: address evidence such as a lease agreement must cover the child's commencement date with the school. Refer to the Department of Education Residential address check document for further information on acceptable documents.

Non-local enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

International students and temporary residents

For information about eligibility visit the Temporary Residents Program.

Carlingford Public School proudly supports the International Students program. Visit the DE International website.

CRICOS provider name: NSW Department of Education | CRICOS provider code: 00588M

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.